HSAB Mental Health Awareness
Date & Time:
This course will provide an overview of a range of mental health issues (from the more common anxiety to less common psychosis) including their prevalence, signs and symptoms, causes and how they can affect people. The aim of the course is to help participants recognise the impact that mental health issues can have on individuals. The course will support participants to consider how they can protect their own mental health and wellbeing and that of others. Participants will be made aware of the importance of challenging stereotypes, myths and stigma surrounding mental health and championing inclusion.
By the end of this training it is expected that you will:
- Have an increased knowledge and understanding of a range of mental health issues and the impact that they can have on individuals.
- Identify ways in which they can support their own and others mental health and wellbeing.
- Have an awareness of best practice and improved confidence when engaging with individuals experiencing mental health issues.
- Have an awareness of the range of services and interventions available for those experiencing mental health issues.
- Recognise that everyone has a role in promoting inclusion and challenging stigma of mental health issues.