HSAB Mental Health & Hoarding
Date & Time:
This session will provide a general introduction to the complex topic of hoarding behaviours and hoarding disorder. Delegates will gain knowledge and range of skills to motivate and support individuals that hoard with greater insight into how hoarding presents itself. There will be a focus on managing some of the more practical challenges of supporting individuals who hoard and how to approach this.
By the end of this training it is expected that you will:
- Understand some of the traits of hoarders.
- Understand what hoarding is and the differences between hoarding disorder and hoarding behaviours.
- Understand who can be affected by the disorder, possible triggers and how it presents itself.
- Understand some of the do's and don'ts of supporting an individual who hoards.
- Have a better understanding of how to manage some of the more practical challenges of working with hoarders.