HSAB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Awareness training
Date & Time:
Venue:Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2FQ
Target Audience: This day training course is suitable for Safeguarding leads/Champions within an organisation and anyone working with adults, who want to increase their understanding of safeguarding adults.
Aim of the training: An awareness raising multi-agency training session developed for practitioners across Hertfordshire with a responsibility for safeguarding adults at risk.
- To develop or refresh awareness of what to do when we suspect or know an adult is being abused;
- To identify the different kinds of abuse, signs and symptoms identified in safeguarding adults guidance, including emerging issues such as self neglect, exploitation and modern slavery;
- To have an understanding of relevant legislation and national and local guidance related to safeguarding adults, with particularly reference to the duties identified in the Care Act 2014 and Making Safeguarding Personal;
- To consider recent developments in learning around specific safeguarding adult issues arising from local and national reviews;
- To understand the processes of assessment, planning and review for vulnerable adults and your agency’s possible involvement;
- To recognise the importance of working together in a multiagency approach.
Venue Details:Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2FQ