Homelessness and Modern Slavery
Date & Time:
Please find below the learning objectives for the course.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- Describe modern slavery and the different forms it takes
- Understand what to do if faced with a potential victim of modern slavery
- Understand the relationship between homelessness and modern slavery
- Understand the relevant legislative frameworkand the responsibilities of Local Authorities
- Engage with potential victims using a trauma informed approach
- Understand typical behaviours demonstrated by trafficked persons (includingindicators/signs of trafficking)
- Recognise the support needs that a trafficked person might present with
- Understand the risks associated with having been trafficked and be able to plan tomanage the needs someone may have because of this
- Understand the National Referral Mechanism
- Understand your role in providing effective interventions including
- Be able to refer an individual effectively and safely
- Know when and how to share intelligence in relation to illegal employers
- Use the correct referral pathways
Booking has now closed for this event.
Hertfordshire Development Centre Car Parking Directions and Permit
HDC now has a dedicated parking area at the Stevenage Campus, accessible via Caxton Way with separate disabled parking at the front of Robertson House and Farnham House receptions.
The entrance to HDC’s car park is on Caxton Way between the rear entrance for Farnham House and the Recycling Centre. There is no direct postcode that will bring you to the car park entrance; your nearest option is to follow the main Robertson House postcode SG1 2FQ or you can use "aside.ladder.jars" what3words app (human friendly coordinate location app). Please do not park in Abel Smith House car park as you will be fined.
We would like to encourage you to consider public transport. Stevenage has excellent rail and bus links and extensive cycling/walking routes. Please contact HDC for advice.
Parking is not guaranteed so should the new car park be full you will need to find alternative parking. Public pay-and-display car parks are available in and around the town centre. Please note that the old Bessemer Drive car park is no longer available to HDC for parking.
Hertfordshire Development Centre Car Parking Permit.
If you use the delegates car park, this permit MUST be displayed in your vehicle. Failure to properly display this permit may result in a fine. Misuse of the car park by anyone who is not visiting the HDC will be fined.