HSAB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Awareness training
Date & Time:
Target Audience: This day training course is suitable for Safeguarding leads/Champions within an organisation and anyone working with adults, who want to increase their understanding of safeguarding adults.
Aim of the training: An awareness raising multi-agency training session developed for practitioners across Hertfordshire with a responsibility for safeguarding adults at risk.
- To develop or refresh awareness of what to do when we suspect or know an adult is being abused;
- To identify the different kinds of abuse, signs and symptoms identified in safeguarding adults guidance, including emerging issues such as self neglect, exploitation and modern slavery;
- To have an understanding of relevant legislation and national and local guidance related to safeguarding adults, with particularly reference to the duties identified in the Care Act 2014 and Making Safeguarding Personal;
- To consider recent developments in learning around specific safeguarding adult issues arising from local and national reviews;
- To understand the processes of assessment, planning and review for vulnerable adults and your agency’s possible involvement;
- To recognise the importance of working together in a multiagency approach.
Water Gardens Car Park is closest to The Forum but it no longer provided long stay of 3 hours or more to the public on weekdays. Moor End Car Park is now the closest long stay car park. Click here for council-run car park charges.
Free Car Parking can be accessed via Gadebridge Lane from the Leighton Buzzard Road. Click here for map. It is a 10-15 minutes’ walk across Gadebridge Park to The Forum. Please be aware that there is no street lighting after dark in Gadebridge Park.
Disabled Parking - Click here for a list of disabled parking available locally.
Food and Drink -The Forum’s café in the atrium serves hot and cold drinks and a variety of hot and cold light meals and snacks. Delegates are welcome to use the café to eat their own meals.