HSAB Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Awareness training
Date & Time:
Target Audience: This day training course is suitable for Safeguarding leads/Champions within an organisation and anyone working with adults, who wants to increase their understanding of safeguarding adults.
Aim of the training: An awareness raising multi-agency training session developed for practitioners across Hertfordshire with a responsibility for safeguarding adults at risk.
- To develop or refresh awareness of what to do when we suspect or know an adult is being abused;
- To recognise the different kinds of abuse, signs and symptoms identified in safeguarding adults guidance, including emerging issues such as self neglect, exploitation and modern slavery;
- To have an understanding of legislation and national and local guidance related to safeguarding adults, with reference to the duties identified in the Care Act 2014 and Making Safeguarding Personal;
- To consider recent developments in learning arising from local and national safeguarding adults reviews;
- To understand the processes of assessment, planning and review for adults at risk and your agency’s possible involvement;
- To recognise the importance of working together in a multiagency approach.
Water Gardens Car Park is closest to The Forum but it no longer provided long stay of 3 hours or more to the public on weekdays. Moor End Car Park is now the closest long stay car park. Click here for council-run car park charges.
Free Car Parking can be accessed via Gadebridge Lane from the Leighton Buzzard Road. Click here for map. It is a 10-15 minutes’ walk across Gadebridge Park to The Forum. Please be aware that there is no street lighting after dark in Gadebridge Park.
Disabled Parking - Click here for a list of disabled parking available locally.
Food and Drink -The Forum’s café in the atrium serves hot and cold drinks and a variety of hot and cold light meals and snacks. Delegates are welcome to use the café to eat their own meals.