Child Protection Conference Training
Date & Time:
Venue:Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2FQ
The training is aimed at a range of multi-agency professionals who work with children and who are likely to need to attend a Child Protection conference. You may have already attended a conference or you may be new to the process. It is open to all professionals who either wish to update their knowledge or to learn about the process. Professionals may include (but not exclusive to this list):
Health Services (GPs, health visitors, midwives, school nurses), School staff, Early Help staff, Probation, Children’s Services staff (domestic abuse practitioners, mental health practitioners), Community Adolescent Mental Health Service, Community Mental Health Team, Adult services, Children’s Centre staff.
Delegates must have completed mandatory Basic/Stage 1 Safeguarding/Child Protection training within their own agency. The course is free to attend for people working for an agency contributing to the operation of the HSCB, or at cost if not.
Aim of the Course:
To learn about the structure and processes associated with a Child Protection conference and the methods and responsibilities of those involved.
- Information on the conference style and structure (current style of Strengthening Families as well as the Strengthening Families Network style)
- Children’s views
- What is expected of you – Your role and responsibilities
- The role of the Child Protection Conference Chair
- Reports to conferences – How to write them and where to send them what should be included.
- Decision making process.
- Outcomes of a plan, process of monitoring progresses
- Differences between Child in Need and Child Protection
- Child protection process beyond the conference
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:Brian Siani & Hannah Watt
Venue Details:Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2FQ