Safeguarding and Child Protection Multi Agency course
Date & Time:
Venue:Hemel Hempstead Library, Hemel Hempstead, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead HP1 1DN
This training is classed as a ‘Full-Day’ course. For charging information, please see the Terms & Conditions page.
Any professionals working with children and their families.
Delegates must have completed mandatory Basic/Stage 1 Safeguarding/Child Protection training within their own agency.
Aim of the Course:
Practitioners across the children’s workforce who, having been introduced to child protection concepts through induction, e-learning or basic awareness training, get the opportunity for a facilitator led in-depth discussion and analysis of the key aspects of harm and abuse and local intervention strategies. It is also useful as a refresher for those practitioners requiring an update to their knowledge on the subject.
*PLEASE NOTE - This course does not train a delegate to be a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or a Designated Senior Person (DSP).
It will, however, serve as the formal biennial refresher required of the DSL/DSP role.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- gain knowledge of what to do when participants suspect that a child is suffering abuse;
- be aware of the locally agreed procedures and the expectations of the participant’s role in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the importance of working together to achieve this;
- have an understanding of key relevant legislation and statutory guidance in this area;
- consider the needs of the child across the continuum of care, from early help to child protection utilising the local thresholds document;
- refresh their practitioner knowledge of the key categories of harm and how these might be identified;
- look at what happens after the concern has been raised and acknowledged; and
- look beyond the referral at how concerns are addressed including the child protection conference process.
Venue Details:Hemel Hempstead Library, Hemel Hempstead, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead HP1 1DN
(0300 123 4049)